Veterinary Services, An Overview
There is a range of Veterinary services available depending on what your needs are, and what your animal requires. Below is a brief list of some of the facilities that Vets provide for the benefit of our pets and livestock.
1) Emergency services for those of our furry, feathery and scaled friends that have found them selves in dire need of emergency services. Examples of this may be due to road accidents, fights with other animals or snake bites to name a very few.
2) Desexing, deworming and vaccinating of new pets such as dogs, cats along with a general health check and overview and more as required by the condition of each animal
3) Regularly scheduled appointments. Just like myself having a six monthly check up meeting so do my two cats at our local vets. These appointments are to check the weight of them, to test their general health and most importantly to update their vaccinations so that they are kept in peak condition. (It should be noted that both my cats attend under a great deal of protest). Other animals would have these regularly scheduled appointments for other reasons such as nail clipping, teeth checks and other conditions that should be checked upon regularly.
4) Country properties with livestock would have their regions Vet clinic call out at prescheduled times to do a checkup across all of the herd. While the main bulk of the work is handled by the landowners such as sheep dips, reshoeing horses and more, the Vet is there as an overview and for more specialized cases.
5) In some areas, there is a mobile vet available to make house calls by appointment. While the work that they do is similar to points two and three and is work that can be done out of the actual surgery. The main benefit is that your animals were having to be packed up, hoisted into the car and driven to the vets saving them an incredible amount of stress and discomfort.
6) The saddest of all reasons to ever have to go to the vet is to have your pet put down due to illness. This is always a sad time, and your vet will do their best to make sure that it is as painless a process for each of you. Generally, these issues that impact your pets life so much would have been brought to their attention some time ago and you have reached a point where medication is no longer sufficing.
Veterinarians Really Are Unsung Heroes.
Vets really are unsung heroes when you consider the high regard most have for their human treating counterparts. Pets and other animals do play a large part in our lives bringing much joy, and it is in this relationship that our vet’s services, experience, and considered opinions play a significant role in our lives.
If you are reading this and realize that it has been far too long since your animals were checked over, then please grab the phone and make an appointment or find a good Reno veterinarian clinic. Our pets age much quicker than we do and we need to keep that in mind when we consider their health regime.